Cutting Glass Bottles:
1. Draw a line with the sharpie around the bottle where you want it to separate.
2. Using the bottle cutting device, score a small cut around the entire bottle along this line.
3. Wearing a pot holder over your hands, dunk the bottle in boiling water for 5 seconds.
4. Then submerge the bottle in ice water for 5 seconds. Alternate steps 3 and 4 until the bottle splits into two pieces.
5. Place sandpaper or emery paper on a flat, durable surface. Gently smooth the freshly cut edges by rotating it on the paper.
This video demonstrates the procedure:
Not a Birchbox subscriber? Join today.