1. Wait at least 6 hours, then remove the bandage. If the bandage sticks to your tattoo, wet the area with lukewarm water and slide the bandage off.
2. Wash the area gently with water and a small amount of a mild cleanser (something like VitaMan’s Face & Body Cleanser or Baxter of California’s Invigorating Body Wash will work). Make sure to clean your hands and to remove all excess ointment, blood and ink. Then pat dry with a clean towel. Do not scrub.
4. Apply a simple fragrance-free lotion (we like Jack Black Cool Moisture Body Lotion or (MALIN+GOETZ) vitamin b5 body moisturizer) a couple times a day until the tattoo settles into the skin (approximately 3 weeks).
5. Avoid sun, swimming, and soaking for at least 2 weeks.
6. Don’t scratch or pick your tattoo.