In the war against cellulite, the most powerful weapons are right in your kitchen. This DIY scrub, created by the experts at The Beauty Bean, uses coffee and wheat germ oil to immediately smooth skin. The caffeine in coffee tackles cellulite in two ways: first, by increasing blood flow to the skin’s surface, which plumps up dimples to reduce their appearance, and second, by flushing out excess water from connective tissues, helping deflate telltale lumps. Meanwhile, the wheat germ oil hydrates and smooths skin with vitamin E, making divots appear less noticeable. As if that weren’t reason enough to give it a whirl, this beauty recipe is completely natural and safe for all skin types. We’d say that’s grounds for some serious celebration (get it?).
1/2 c. caffeinated coffee grounds
1/4 c. wheat germ oil
1. Mix the coffee grounds and wheat germ oil together to form a thick paste.
2. Standing in the bath or shower (to reduce mess), apply the mixture to cellulite-prone areas.
3. Cover the area with tightly wrapped plastic wrap and let sit for 30 minutes.
4. Remove the wrap and vigorously rub the mixture into skin using upward circular motions for five minutes.
5. Rinse away with warm water.
6. Results are temporary, but you can repeat as often as once a day.
P.S. Too busy to make your own scrub? Check out this coffee-rich version from JUARA.
For more great tips on how to make 2015 your best year ever, and to enter to win our daily giveaway, check out the Birchbox Challenge.