The list includes everything from WiFi boosters to camp stoves and fishing poles, but the project that we found most exciting was the appropriately named "sexy lantern." Here's the basic play-by-play:
1. Fill an old beer can with water and freeze it. (This makes the aluminum easier to cut.)
2. Thaw the can, empty it out, and start making slices down the sides with a very sharp knife.
3. Once all the slices are finished, compress the can from the top to cause each strip to bend, using pliers to ensure they all bend in the right direction.
4. From there, just slide a tiny tea candle through the slots (or cut a few strips and then glue them shut if the openings aren't large enough).
5. Make as many lanterns as needed to create the desired ambiance, light up the candles, and let the evening of romance commence.
Head to Supercompressor to read the other six tutorials (complete with detailed photos).
Copywriter, cold brew advocate, purveyor of handcrafted birthday haikus since 2009.