Amid the asymmetrical bobs, sleek parts, and glam Hollywood waves spotted on the red carpet, we totally fell in love with Into the Woods actress Emily Blunts romantic braided updo. We got the inside scoop on her look from Blunts hairstylist, Laini Reeves (who used all Birchbox products!) The key is creating major texture before you start braiding. Follow her steps below to recreate the style yourself.
Get the Look
1. Apply (MALIN + GOETZ)'s sage styling cream evenly to damp hair. Then make a center part and blow dry completely.
2. Once dry, apply Serge Normants Dream Big Volumizing Spray and blow dry again in order to create body and texture.
3. Starting on one side of the part, create a Dutch braid (aka an inside-out French braid), braiding until the nape of the neck and secure with clear hair ties. (If hair is longer, continue to braid until the end of the hair).
4. Repeat on the opposite side.
5. Cross your braids at the nape of the neck to create a bun. Secure with bobbi pins, then seal with a final spritz of Dream Big.
Photo: Getty Images
Maura M. Lynch
Burt's Bees addict. Watches way too much TV. Has never turned down a french fry.