Wrap Oddly-Shaped Presents in Fabric
If your gift is bulky or has rounded sides, a traditional fold, crease, and tape job won’t cut it. Instead, use a rectangular piece of festive fabric (we used a bright dinner napkin) to cover every angle:
1. Place your object in the center of the fabric.
2. Pull opposite corners together and tie them, repeating the same with the remaining two corners.
3. Gather the corners together and tie them with a shiny piece of ribbon.
4. Adjust the fabric to cover any exposed corners.
Make a Gift Bag Out of Wrapping Paper
Craft a gift bag that matches your other presents by transforming a large rectangular piece of paper (we used one of the perfectly-sized sheets from Rifle Paper Co.) by using twine as handles and a colorful roll of Washi tape:
1. Take a sheet of paper folded in half lengthwise, then rotate it so that the open ends are at the bottom. Curl the edges in to fit one side into the other.
2. Secure from top to bottom with Washi tape.
3. Fold the bottom three inches of the bag towards the top, then press on the corners to create a hexagon shape.
4. Fold each edge toward the center of the bag, securing both edges with tape.
5. Poke holes with a pencil near the top of your bag.
6. Thread your twine through the holes, tying a knot at each end to create the handles.
Turn Your Scraps Into a Decorative Bow
When you’re working with gorgeous wrapping paper like Cynthia Rowley’s, you don’t want to waste an inch of it. Instead of throwing them away, turn those leftover scraps into a crafty matching bow:
1. Fold your scrap paper in half horizontally, then fold in half again.
2. With the open ends on the bottom, begin to cut small strips into your folds (don’t go all the way to the top).
3. Once you have some wrapping paper fringe, curl the strips with scissors to create curly q’s.
4. Starting at one edge of your paper, begin folding it inwards one inch at a time to create a bunch, then secure to your gift with tape. Adjust the bow to your desired volume then bask in the glow of compliments you’re soon to receive.
Searching for the perfect present? Give them the gift they're guaranteed to love every single month—a Birchbox subscription!