Modern Quiff Requirements
** Tell your barber to start with a close buzz (about a #1-1/2) at the neckline, with a mid-level fade on the way up.
** Sides and top should be blended without a disconnect.
** The hair at the very top of your head should be around 3 inches long. A barber using point-cuts or texturizing shears can add extra depth and texture here.
How to Style the Modern Quiff
1. Start with clean, towel-dried hair.
2. Use a blow dryer on a high-heat setting. Start drying the hair, directing it to a point at the top of your head.
3. Grab a texturizing salt spray, hold it about 8 inches away from the head, and start spritzing.
3. With the blow dryerand the help of a brushblow hair up from your forehead for extra height.
4. Apply a texture paste to help preserve volume, and lock the style into place.
More Mens Hair Styling Tips
Be sure to pick a hairstyle that matches your face shape.
Learn how to properly apply hair product.
Different stylerslike wax, paste, pomade, or creamdo different things. See where they fall on the Hold vs. Shine hair-styling matrix.
Copywriter, cold brew advocate, purveyor of handcrafted birthday haikus since 2009.