Mohawk Fade Requirements
** Tell your barber to start with a close buzz (about a #1-1/2) at the neckline, with a mid-level fade on the way up.
** Sides and top should be blended without a disconnect.
** The hair at the very top of your head should be around 3 inches long (long enough to mimic a mohawk, but short enough that it stands up without Elmers glue). A barber using point-cuts or texturizing shears can add extra depth and texture here.
How to Style the Mohawk Fade
1. Start with clean, towel-dried hair.
2. Use a blow dryer on a high-heat setting. Start drying the hair, directing it to a point at the top of your head.
3. With the blow dryer, make sure the hair is angled forward from the crown of your head, then blown back from your forehead for extra height.
4. Take your hands and run them through the mohawk portion of the hair to rough it up.
5. Grab a texturizing salt spray, hold it about 8 inches away from the head, and start spritzing. This will add some grit and texture to the top portion, and should hold it in place without any additional product.
More Mens Hair Styling Tips
Be sure to pick a hairstyle that matches your face shape.
Learn how to properly apply hair product.
Different stylerslike wax, paste, pomade, or creamdo different things. See where they fall on the Hold vs. Shine hair-styling matrix.