Requirements for Medium-Length Hair
** This is similar to the side-part haircut (a very slight difference in length between sides and top) but considerably longerroughly 10 inches on the sides, and 12 inches up top.
** Ensure that the back doesnt get too long, otherwise youre risking a mullet.
** Ask your stylist to work some layers into the cutthis will give more depth and movement to your look.
How to Style Medium-Length Hair
1. Start with clean, towel-dried hair.
2. Using a blow dryer, put you head down and begin directing air upwards to the scalp until fully dry.
3. Use a brush to take down any unwanted volume on the top on sides.
4. If you have wavy hair, work in a matte paste or cream to get some separation.
5. If you have straight hair, try a higher-shine wax. Or, if you want Charlie Hunnams wet look (seen below), comb through some leave-in conditioner from the root to the tip when hair is still damp.
More Mens Hair Styling Tips
Be sure to pick a hairstyle that matches your face shape.
Learn how to properly apply hair product.
Different stylerslike wax, paste, pomade, or creamdo different things. See where they fall on the Hold vs. Shine hair-styling matrix.
Subscribe to Birchbox Grooming to discover personalized products for you, here!