(No need to sweat the measurements on this one, gents)
1. Preheat your over to 325 degrees, then bake your sweet potatoes for 50-60 minutes. They should be soft to the touch.
2. Let the potatoes cool to room temperature, then peel off the skins. After an hour in the oven, the skins should come off easily.
3. Slice the potatoes to a uniform thickness (about 1/2 cm per slice), then arrange them on a baking sheet thats been prepped with cooking spray.
4. Melt your coconut oil to achieve a liquid consistency, then paint it onto the potatoes with a basting or pastry brush. Each slice should receive an even coat.
5. Sprinkle each slice with a liberal coating of cinnamon. Be generous.
6. Raise the oven temperature to 350 degrees, and throw the slices in for another 50 minutes. Remove any slices with a chewy texture, then return the sheet to the oven for another 15 minutes to finish the rest of the batch.
Note: More heat or more time will yield sweet-potato crispspretty great, if youre into that sort of thing.
7. Let the slices cool, then partition them into Ziploc bags for storage, transport, and eventual snacking.
This article is part of the Birchbox Man 31-Day Challenge for January 2015. Click to see all daily challenges and to learn how you can win sweet stuff all month.
H/t to Whole9