1. Prep and Protect
- Slip on the protective coloring gloves and lay all of the tools out in front of you. We suggest wearing an old button-down shirt to avoid pulling anything over your head when you hop in the shower to rinse the dye off.
2. Mix Your Color
- Combine the gel lightener, packet of booster powder, and developer in the included mixing bowl. Using the mixing spatula, gently whip the ingredients together until they have a creamy consistency.
3. Section Your Hair
- Depending on how much hair you have, divide your hair into two or three sections. As you highlight, make sure to only pull through tiny amounts of hair to color. The smaller your sections, the more authentic your highlights will appear.
4. Paint On Your Color
- Dip the mascara-like wand into your mixture. Angle the brush down on the diagonal and go section by section, covering the small sections with the dye. For you foil-fiends, the absence of a barrier might seem a little scary, but this will help give your hair a more natural look.
5. Time and Watch
- The formula can be left on from 5-30 minutes depending on how bright you’re looking to go. As you wait, your hair will visibly lighten before your eyes, so you can see when your hue appears.
6. Spritz on the Wonderlust Tonic
- For strands that are turning a little too light for your taste, spritz on Kelly’s ingenious Wonderlust Tonic. This high-tech spray halts the chemical reaction that causes your hair color to change. Spray on the lighter strands, while you let your other highlighted sections catch up. This helps you get the exact results you want.
7. Rinse Away
- Hop into the shower and shampoo away the coloring agents. Style as usual.