May 5, 2022
The Best Skincare Brands for Spring
Spring has sprung and tax season has passed. Its officially time to treat yourself. Not sure where to start? Your skin is a great place, and were here to help. We rounded up the 5 top skincare brands to get to know this season.
Below youll find lines youve heard of (and have been meaning to try) along with some new names youll want to meet. Read on for why we think these are the best brands to bring into your skincare routine this springplus, our top 3 staff picks from each brand to get you started.
With warmer weather comes more time outdoorsand greater need for sun protection. Enter Supergoop. A pioneer prestige skincare brand completely dedicated to suncare, their mission is to help you easily incorporate UV protection into your daily routine.
**Why we love this line **
From setting mists to high-performance creams and gels, Supergoop is synonymous with trustworthy, luxe sun protection. Bonus points for making the notorious sunscreen smell a thing of the past.
Our top 3 Supergoop picks
1. [Glow Stick SPF 50] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/44980/supergoop-glow-stick-spf-50?objectID=44980&queryID=fae5ffea51434df633e1ef789b325bd3): A portable, glow-boosting, dry oil sunscreen stick for face, chest and shoulders that doubles as a lit-from-within highlighter.
2. [(Re)setting 100% Mineral Powder PA+++ SPF 35] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/46441/supergoop-resetting-mineral-powder?objectID=46445&queryID=b89c92bc0de31101c352cf4e43afba70): Mattify shine with this mineral powder while reapplying your SPF throughout the day. Genius.
3. [PLAY Everyday Lotion SPF 50 with Sunflower Extract] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/45079/supergoop-play-everyday-lotion-spf-50-with-sunflower-extract?objectID=45079&queryID=ac88fc08f41d20c007187c8614dc4549): This checks every box: fast-absorbing, non-greasy, water and sweat-resistant, reef-safe, broad-spectrum SPF 50, formulated for both face and body.
Peter Thomas Roth
With endorsements from celebs like Kim Kardashian to Meghan Markle, the Peter Thomas Roth brand is a Hollywood favorite, and for good reason.
Why we love this line
Where do we start? First, affordable luxury. Next, over 100 products, all gently formulated (you can even apply the famed retinol serum without fear of irritation). Third, this line is designed for customizationmix and match to your needs from head to toe, no matter your skin type or concerns.
Our top 3 Peter Thomas Roth picks
1. [Retinol Fusion PM Night Serum] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/36353/peter-thomas-roth-retinol-fusion-pm-night-serum?objectID=36353&queryID=cbaeb8446b6257fc1d0cd96b50e69ab6): This gentle face serum gradually releases retinol throughout the night to exfoliate, even out texture and tone, and reduce the look of fine lines without irritation. (Full disclosure: This is the number-one product in this Birchbox writers arsenal.)
2. [Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/29917/peter-thomas-roth-water-drench-hyaluronic-cloud-cream?objectID=29917&queryID=4768f50fab75c5cda5a95f94bca8281a): A soft-as-a-cloud cream that feels like a tall drink of water for dry skin. The concentrated 30% hyaluronic acid formula replenishes and locks in moisture for up to 72 hours.
3. [Pumpkin Enzyme Mask] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/38162/peter-thomas-roth-pumpkin-enzyme-mask-enzymatic-dermal-resurfacer?objectID=38162&queryID=0424ce7bbf16c40efbe8dd7e0a2597aa): This face mask smells like pie literally. Plus, it exfoliates with both pumpkin enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids to polish skin and help revive a dull, aging, or congested complexion.
Another leader in sun protection, this brand is making SPF fun, not to mention Instagramable.
Why we love this line
California-founded Coola creates beautiful product experiences that embody a happy, healthy lifestyle. Their philosophy: Clean beauty should feel as good as it is healthy. Theyre on a quest to develop organic products you'll love wearing every day.
Our top 3 Coola picks
1. [Classic Face Sunscreen Lotion SPF 50 - Unscented] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/38912/coola-classic-face-sunscreen-lotion-spf50-unscented?objectID=38912&queryID=f8adcf637e1e65b0a63bcdd6f5c24874): You cant beat a classic, unless you add a lightweight twist. High in SPF with a weightless, grease-free coverage, it also has antioxidants to nourish skin and defend against damaging free radicals.
2. [Organic BB+ Cream SPF 30] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/25719/coola-face-spf-30-rosilliance-bb-plus-cream?objectID=25721&queryID=47333d7b8537085fee399962203de3b8): Say goodbye to the zinc-white SPF of yesterday and hello to this lightly tinted BB cream-sunscreen hybrid.
3. [Refreshing Water Cream Organic Face Sunscreen SPF 50] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/47376/coola-refreshing-water-cream-organic-face-sunscreen-spf-50?objectID=47376&queryID=f44f4eaca20c400e804fad5483270cfb): Infused with hydration-boosting hyaluronic acid and refreshing coconut water, this unique sunscreen delivers a dewy surge of lightweight moisture and powerful SPF 50 protection.
A fan fave that totally lives up to the price tag.
Why we love this line
Sunday Riley is Green Lab Certified with over 80% of assessment actions implemented. They pass the test for Green Chemistry & Green Biologics, Recycling & Waste Reduction, Resource Management, and more. Translation: Sunday Riley is a high-performance skincare brand you can feel good about using.
Our top 3 Sunday Riley picks
1. [Luna Sleeping Night Oil] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/38054/sunday-riley-lunda-sleeping-oil-35ml?objectID=38054&queryID=80f32b6198cf6c4a49e07a70ebab83ed): An overnight retinol that delivers plumper, smoother, more luminous and even-toned skin by morning.
2. [C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Brightening Serum] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/32615/sunday-riley-ceo-rapid-flash-brightening-serum?objectID=32615&queryID=c3858bfbfbf2c55a73091d4d6a38bbc1): This product works like a boss to brighten, tighten, plump and even complexion.
3. [Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid Treatment] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/11833/sunday-riley-good-genes-1-oz?objectID=11833&queryID=61d9f6acae3fb85404505dda5df38d2a): This exfoliating lactic acid treatment does it allbrightens, smooths, plumps, and evens out skin tone without irritation. No wonder it was a Birchbox Beauty Award winner in 2019!
This little-known brand is on the rise, and you dont want to miss out.
Why we love this line
Whether youre looking to prevent, treat, or repair blemishes, Hero has an answer. This brands gentle yet super effective solutions combat acne, dark spots, rosacea and more. They take a consciously clinical approach to ingredient selection, meaning you can rest assured their products dont contain any of the 2,400+ ingredients that can cause irritation.
Our top 3 Hero picks
1. [Mighty Patch Invisible+] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/38052/hero-cosmetics-mighty-patch-invisible?objectID=38052&queryID=dd9d9fbdd02e46ed38a8df31036dd988): Pimple patches for president! Not only do these little miracle products draw out impurities to cut the lifecycle of a pimple short, but theyre so discreet you can wear them out of the house.
2. [Clear Collective Balancing Capsule Moisturizer] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/47149/hero-cosmetics-clear-collective-clarifying-prebiotic-moisturizer?objectID=47149&queryID=d60f36e0bdf0e6404fc5eca7a8391eca): This hydrating, nutrient-packed formula reduces the appearance of blemishes in a whole new way. Prebiotic sugar complex balances skin's microbiome while sage extract naturally clarifies pores.
3. [Micropoint for Dark Spots] (https://www.birchbox.com/product/45525/hero-cosmetics-micropoint-dark-spots?objectID=45525&queryID=6e71c8c60343223d70a866b87ee45219): A powerful post-blemish patch, this product uses a whopping 173 dissolving micropoints to deliver a powerful combo of ingredients that visibly brighten dark spots.
Ready to treat yourself this spring? Explore these top skincare brands, all in the Birchbox shop. When you find a product you love, let em know! Review and share on socialyour followers will thank you.
While a self-described social butterfly, I find empowerment in my independence. Taking myself on a spur of the moment solo vacation, dinner dates to new restaurants or parts of the city where my company is solely the characters in the book I bring, visiting the local bar and getting to know the bartenders over a glass of wine… or 3. I find that intimate moments with myself leave me feeling brave, confident, and empowered to take on the world without depending on anything else as a buffer. It also gives me time to reflect, plan, journal and explore new places at my own pace.