Glamorous Hollywood waves look just as good at your holiday parties as they do on the red carpet. And the best part? They’re surprisingly easy to recreate. All it takes is some hairspray, bobby pins, and a little curling wand know-how. Follow along with Juliette has she creates this timeless look using the steps below.
Spornette DeVille Boar Bristle Oval Cushion Hair Brush
Spornette Little Wonder
Sedu® - 25mm Clipless Iron
Oribe Soft Lacquer Heat Styling Spray
PARLOR® by Jeff Chastain Flexible Hold Hairspray
Number 4™ Fluoro5 Elixer Restore & Repair Oil
1. Separate the top section of hair and pin up. (This doesn't need to be perfect.)
2. Take your first section of hair and mist with a heat protectant.
3. Hold a 1-inch curing iron or wand vertically, then wrap a large section of hair from the heavier side of your part away from your face to create your first curl. Repeat around your head, creating all of the curls in the same direction.
4. Mist with a flexible hold hairspray in order to keep the wave in place as it cools.
5. Part the top section of your hair to the side and repeat the same steps.
6. Use a flat brush to gently brush out your waves, starting from the root from the end, to create the wave pattern. If your hair tends to use its curl, use your fingers. (Need more volume? Use a teasing brush to backcomb sections of hair close to the roots.)
7. Smooth hair with an oil or serum to create softness and shine.
8. Finish by pinning back one side of your part with a couple bobby pins.