Create a free account to check out faster, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and much more.
Please enter your password to continue.
Tomatoes are chock-full of good-for-you ingredients like bioflavonoids, beta-carotene, and potassium. It’s not really a surprise, then, that this superfood is also good for your skin. Yes To™’s tomato-centric line is designed to even out skin tone, resulting in a brighter, clearer complexion. The Daily Deep Pore Facial Scrub gently exfoliates away dead cells, leaving skin soft, smooth, and oil-free.
I loved this product in of itself, but had some issues.
First, THE GOOD:
- If you're like me and like tomatoes, you'll love the fresh, smell--it reminds me of picking tomatoes from my own summer garden.
- Bamboo feels rugged, but satisfying when you want to feel fresh after a long day. I also used it on my shoulders and arms...very soothing feel.
- Mild use made my pores smaller and skin brighter.
Then, the NOT-SO-GOOD:
- Overuse aggravated my skin and left rashes and peeling dry patches. Remember: the product contains harsh bamboo grain and acidic fruit. The massaging feel of the bamboo is addictive and tempting to use during every shower, but avoid the urge. Misuse will cause skin problems.
- I kept this product in my shower and noticed black mold inside the cap after several weeks. On one hand, this is a good sign (it's made of natural ingredients, not chemicals from a lab). But you don't want to contaminate your skin, either. This product would be better suited in smaller size that would be replaced before it has an opportunity to turn due to unavoidable circumstances like heat, humidity or water exposure. I wound up tossing about a quarter of the tube.
Final verdict: YES, I would buy this product again. But I would do it differently.
Used correctly (1-2 uses a week), this is a great product. Do not overuse. Also, store in a cool, DRY place like a storage cabinet and keep the cap closed if the bathroom is humid or water is splashing, to avoid the formation of mold. It is better suited to using over a sink than in a steamy shower.
I do like the feel of the Bamboo Scrub, It has a pleasant smell & leaves my face feeling smooth and clean.
i don't feel like this did anything for my skin, and was probably too harsh. i think drugstore cleansers would probably work just as well if not better, and at a cheaper cost.2
I love this product, I was kind of eerie when I first bought this product because of the fact that it's called "Yes to tomatoes" but might I say it smells wonderful-and NOT like tomatoes. I've used it twice a day for over a week now and my skin has been very bright and more clear. I enjoy the smell and the texture of this face scrub. It's a smooth clear scrub that leaves your skin feeling great5
I thought this was supposed to be an exfoliating cleanser - guess I misread the description. It exfoliates just fine, but I have to separately wash my face after. It leaves sort of a waxy/oily residue on my skin after use. Defeats the purpose for me - I was looking for a two-in-one...1
First of all, for quite a long time I was using the Vasanti scrub - which is hands down the best exfoliating scrub I've ever used. I decided to try this Yes To scrub because I'm trying to save more money in my life, and there's about a $30 difference in price between these two products. Well, I've decided you get what you pay for. The Yes To Tomatoes scrub is quite watery and therefore I have to use a lot of it in order to feel nice and exfoliated. I like the fresh smell, however, and the packaging allows you to get all the product out of the bottle (which is a problem with the vasanti scrub).3
I really love the Yes To line. I have allergies and there are a lot of skin care products that leave me red and blotchy but Yes To never does that. This stuff leaves my skin soft and it smells great!5
Gentle enough for my dry skin but still scrubs the gunk out of my pores. Gel with little beads. Love this stuff5
I enjoy the feel of the Yes To Tomatoes daily pore scrub. It has just enough exfoliating ingredients so you feel them, but it isn't too rough on your skin. It leaves my skin feeling smooth and soft afterwards. It is not as drying as some other products I've used that are geared towards acne. The smell is a little weird but it's something I got used to.4
Works very well. Yes To™ Tomatoes Daily Pore Scrub has Ground mango seeds and bamboo to exfoliate skin. Salicylic Acid to combats acne. Tomatoes help to unclog pores. Ginger Root and Bisabolol helps skin avoid redness.5