Create a free account to check out faster, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and much more.
Please enter your password to continue.
Close reading is for English class—not shopping for beauty products. We created this ingredient-conscious collection to save you from squinting at labels. After doing some digging, we learned that the ingredients you’re most concerned about are parabens, phthalates, sulfates, petrochemicals, and GMOs (genetically modified organisms). Good news: You won’t find any of those in here! Even better, these best-in-class products rely largely on natural extracts from flowers, fruits, and veggies. Whether you’re a seasoned ingredient sleuth or simply love a new beauty find, our Free for All box is for you.
This was my first ever subscription box and it has really set the bar high for products from Birchbox. The box was much larger than I expected and the product samples really substantial in size. My review in order of preference:
1. Shamanuti Activated Charcoal Cleanser - I LOVED this cleanser! It's a great cleanser for sensitive fair skin. The product is a pump and the black color was a bit off putting. But, the scent was fresh and it felt great on my face. Wonderful sudsing for an eco product.
2. FEED Pouch - The makeup bag was much more sturdy than I expected. I really love the natural look of it with the decorative blue tassel pull. Plus who couldn't just love the fact that this purchase provided 10 meals!
3. Jurlique Purely Bright Radiance Serum - Loved the packaging of this sample. It's in a heavy duty glass pump bottle. The serum is a white with a thin watery feel. it went on smoothly and absorbed quickly. The smell is fresh and doesn't overbear with my usual moisturizer. I haven't had the opportunity to use this for long, but I'm looking forward to the brightening effect.
4. Eco-Armour Shave with Benefits Shave Foam - Haven't had a chance to use this yet, but I did love the invigorating scent. It would be the perfect AM wake-me-up.
5. Karma Organic Spa Nail Polish Remover - This smells amazing! Never thought I would say that about a nail polish remover. I haven't had a chance to test this out yet, but it was an Allure Editor's Choice.
6. Alima Pure Lip Tint in Rhubarb - This full size lip balm had a surprising chocolate-y scent. It was more silky than I expected and I like the feel of it on my lips. Might purchase this again and will definitely checking the other colors.
7. W3LL People Hypnotist Eyeliner - This full size eyeliner was a great addition. It's a black and nice black color. The pencil will require sharpening. It smudges easily and doesn't seem to set as well as some higher-end products. But still a nice eco version.
8. LOV Organic Tea - I tried one of the teas today, it has a lovely flavor. Subtle and clean. I prefer rooibas tea but this will be a nice addition to my tea collection.
Inside this wonderful bag are products all free of harsh chemicals and all natural. I was amazed at the work that they did on my skin! I even was able to use some on my daughter and she's five. I love being on the top of the beauty scene so this was a great find for me!
I bought this box over the summer for a fun pick-me-up and wasn't disappointed. It was the perfect thing for my summer sun fun and relaxation. I use the bag for my beach bag's smaller items and love the other products. Too bad it sold out so fast!
I purchased this as a gift for my daughter, and she was very happy with it. She especially loved that all of the items had natural ingredients! Excellent purchase!5
I love everything I got in this. The bag is so cute and durable. The products are all great sizes and pieces to add to your beauty routine.5
As a former literature major, I'm all about close reading, and every item in this collection stood up well to scrutiny, in terms of the products' ingredients and in terms of product performance and appeal. It would be so great if Birchbox brought this collection back--or something similar.5
I loved this box so much. I use the "feed" bag everyday as my traveling makeup bag. The eyeliner is long lasting and doesn't run. The organic nail polish removed is so nice compared to traditional polish remover that had a horrible smell this one is pleasnt and works really well. Just a great and useful over all box.5
Absolutely love everything in this box. Incredible value and love that it is all eco-friendly and free of all the bad stuff!5
I found every item in the box fun and I loved that they where all ingredient-consious. I use the feed bag every day.
This is a great way to try a range of products you might not be familiar with. The shave gel has an invigorating scent, the charcoal cleanser works well, and the lip balm is a neutral color that goes on like butter. The nail polish remover works, too! Nice selection of more natural products.5