Create a free account to check out faster, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and much more.
Please enter your password to continue.
Close reading is for English class—not shopping for beauty products. We created this ingredient-conscious collection to save you from squinting at labels. After doing some digging, we learned that the ingredients you’re most concerned about are parabens, phthalates, sulfates, petrochemicals, and GMOs (genetically modified organisms). Good news: You won’t find any of those in here! Even better, these best-in-class products rely largely on natural extracts from flowers, fruits, and veggies. Whether you’re a seasoned ingredient sleuth or simply love a new beauty find, our Free for All box is for you.
This was my first ever subscription box and it has really set the bar high for products from Birchbox. The box was much larger than I expected and the product samples really substantial in size. My review in order of preference:
1. Shamanuti Activated Charcoal Cleanser - I LOVED this cleanser! It's a great cleanser for sensitive fair skin. The product is a pump and the black color was a bit off putting. But, the scent was fresh and it felt great on my face. Wonderful sudsing for an eco product.
2. FEED Pouch - The makeup bag was much more sturdy than I expected. I really love the natural look of it with the decorative blue tassel pull. Plus who couldn't just love the fact that this purchase provided 10 meals!
3. Jurlique Purely Bright Radiance Serum - Loved the packaging of this sample. It's in a heavy duty glass pump bottle. The serum is a white with a thin watery feel. it went on smoothly and absorbed quickly. The smell is fresh and doesn't overbear with my usual moisturizer. I haven't had the opportunity to use this for long, but I'm looking forward to the brightening effect.
4. Eco-Armour Shave with Benefits Shave Foam - Haven't had a chance to use this yet, but I did love the invigorating scent. It would be the perfect AM wake-me-up.
5. Karma Organic Spa Nail Polish Remover - This smells amazing! Never thought I would say that about a nail polish remover. I haven't had a chance to test this out yet, but it was an Allure Editor's Choice.
6. Alima Pure Lip Tint in Rhubarb - This full size lip balm had a surprising chocolate-y scent. It was more silky than I expected and I like the feel of it on my lips. Might purchase this again and will definitely checking the other colors.
7. W3LL People Hypnotist Eyeliner - This full size eyeliner was a great addition. It's a black and nice black color. The pencil will require sharpening. It smudges easily and doesn't seem to set as well as some higher-end products. But still a nice eco version.
8. LOV Organic Tea - I tried one of the teas today, it has a lovely flavor. Subtle and clean. I prefer rooibas tea but this will be a nice addition to my tea collection.
I was so excited to see Birchbox offering a "clean" box that I ordered it without researching the products. After using the Jurlique serum for a week my entire face is breaking out. I looked up the EWG rating and it is a 7. Unfortunately I would not believe claims that products on this website are "free" from "concerning ingredients". Check the EWG ratings yourself.1
This was given as a surprise gift from a very special person. So while I've seen some of the items on the site I've been blind sided with kindness and everything is brand new never tested before in my life. I can't even explain how excited I've been.
First impression, and this may seem weird but my first impression about was the box it came in. Everything about this kit was done with quality in mind. It's so nice.
Feed 10 Pouch:
I absolutely love this bag and boy is it made to last! A lot of quality went into making this. I think the concept of 10 school meals is wonderful. And I love the splash of blues in the tassel. It's just so unique and perfect all around. And I know I'm going to have this forever.
Jurlique Purely Bright Radiance Serum:
This is exactly the kind of products I trust on my face and it fits my needs exactly. I know it takes time for something like this to show results but the bottle is so nice, you can have it sit out. The Serum smells so nice. I feel luxurious when I put it on my face and it doesn't irritate me at all.
Alima Pure Lip Tint in Rubarb:
I like lip tints over lipstick any day. And that Cruelty Free bunny on the tube makes me so happy. Funny, I had a little dark chocolate earlier in the day and later put this on. I started wondering why I was smelling my chocolate again... It was my lip tint! Maybe I'm just strange but I tried it a few days later and sure enough, dark chocolate. lol The color is perfect for me and it's creamy. It's in my purse now. :o)
LOV Organic assorted Teas:
I have a health issue that prevents me from drinking tea becuase I don't know the exact spices BUT I care for my mother and made them for her. They smell SO good. Each one had a message of love on them too. We are very close, so when I made these yummy teas I kept the cover to bring up to her and read her each message. So we both got to enjoy them. And I try to keep things I make for her organic, so I had no worries with these. I HIGHLY recommend them. Especially for summer.
W3LL People Hypnotist Eyeliner:
I have no used this YET becuase I didn't want to use everything and have no more new stuff to try so this one is waiting for a day I need a lift. :o)
Shananuti Activated Charcoal Cleanser:
This is perfect for me, oh my gosh. I have oily skin with acne issues. Now, you may be surprised by the tiny bottle but don't. This stuff goes on just like a serum. So a little goes a long way and it's like nothing I've ever tried before. It still has a heavy glass bottle with a pump top. So they didn't go cheap just becuase the amount is not full size. I followed directions and even after the first try my skin feels GREAT, so smooth and clean. If I can I am going to get the full size. It's a worthy product.
Karma Organic Spa Nail Polish Remover:
Finally! I'm a nail junkie becuase I love color. It just makes you feel better when your toes or hands are nicely manicured and I go over and do my mother's too. This actually works. And the tea tree oil is great for your nails. I'm really surprised by this and it's going on my wish list for the future.
eco-armour Shave with Benefits with Mint and Eucalyptus:
Yet another product so many of us use. I personally had not seen an organic choice for shaving cream before. This was great on my skin. I shaved my legs in my normal way and I felt like this had a lotion effect after. My legs felt softer then usual. Love it.
The best part of this box is the kind thought that went into sending it. <3 This box and it's items make me feel like a pampered princess. If you are thinking of making some one feel super special, plus have great items that do good things this is the perfect way to do it. :)
I got to give Birchbox for making such an effort! I bought this with my birchbox points and I honestly believe that after I received this in the mail, I would've paid full price for this!
I genuinely want to try out each and everything in this box, unlike my old subscription with Birchbox (I have uber-sensitive skin and most of the products did not react well with my skin)
Birchbox, please come out with more ingredient conscious boxes!!!
Loved everything in this box ....there so needs to be a free for all monthly subscription.... I love curated boxes that are evened out to everyone.. There always perfect...5
This was such a great box. I'm bummed it isn't in stock anymore. Wish it'll come back soon. With Christmas around the corner, this would have been a great gift!5
I liked the variety of items in this set. I use the bag on a daily basis because it is incredibly sturdy. I was very happy to get a pack like this and actually use everything in it!5
I wish this wasn't sold out. Each and every product was great and i am so happy Birch box offered it.5
I ordered the FREE for All mainly for the bag but also for the products. I carry the natural fiber bag with me everywhere and it has held up through water, cats, me and my husband! I used the products (SIGH, Happiness) and now I store cosmetics in the bag. Daily use, rugged household and a bag to hold up, what a win! It does not hold smells, which I luv, luv!4
This was a really fun package, and the products were great! I used them all, bought a few regular sizes as well. A great company, too!5