Create a free account to check out faster, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and much more.
Please enter your password to continue.
We love things that you can count on to go above and beyond the call of duty—a delicious leave-in conditioner, an ultrahydrating sleeping facial, and now, this leave-on exfoliant. No beads or scrubs here though. Powerful ingredients like AHA (short for alpha hydroxy acid) and glycolic acid rejuvenate skin cells for a more luminous complexion. Layer this gel under your other serum and moisturizer and go, no rinsing necessary.
So I read the most negative reviews, and with a lot of them it seems to be a matter of misunderstanding.
1. When you begin to use an AHA or BHA exfoliant, it is normal for your skin to "purge" - that is, you may have increased breakouts because the exfoliation is drawing out the gunk from your pores. These are breakouts that would have happened eventually anyway. These breakouts should last no more than a few weeks.
2. Yes, it burns. Especially at first. This is also normal, and the burning should subside after a minute or two.
3. Yes, you're supposed to leave this on your skin - after cleansing (and toner if you use one) and before anything else.
4. The smell of this and other PC products is simply the smell of the ingredients, because PC doesn't use fragrances in their products. THIS IS A GOOD THING. Smelling weird for a few minutes (those smells fade) is far better than irritating the skin with fragrances.
5. Please don't put this or anything else on your face without doing your homework. Not only to avoid bad products, but also to understand what to expect from good products.
All that said, I don't find this to be my favorite AHA, or even my favorite PC AHA.
For PC I recommend the 5% Resist product.
For a non-PC AHA, I recommend Olay's Night Resurfacing Elixir.
I like putting this on before bed. The small sample bottle has lasted for a while so I do think it goes a long way.4
I've been using this product daily for about three weeks, and there is a visible improvement in my skin. It has a smoother, more youthful appearance. I use it at night after cleansing and follow with pure coconut oil.5
Being an esthetician. I love this serum!! I noticed my skin looking smoother and gives a nice clean look. I highly recommend this product.5
This gel has made quite a bit of difference in my skin in the short amount of time I have used it. The lines on my face are not as much of an issue for me anymore and my skin looks so much smoother. I am in the sun daily and i was starting to notice my skin complexion was not as even as it used to be and this product has also helped with that. I never knew something like this could do so much!5
Great odorless gel. I use after washing my face before bed. This product evens out the color and imperfections in my skin. I have oily problem areas around my nose and neck and this gel evens everything out. Immediate results but in the morning it's nice to wake up to better toned skin. Tightens some areas too!5
I really love this little bottle of greatness! My face has been glowing and sports have faded since I've been using this!5
I try and try so hard to like Paula's choice. I have friends that SWEAR by her products. The problem is I own at least 3 full size Paula's products and I don't know why I keep buying it, I guess I keep thinking, maybe I am just not using it correctly, anyway, tried to like this too, the ingredients seemed perfect, but delivery, results? not so much…
I think the description said a delicious leave in conditioner above? Maybe I will try it as that.
Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant is the best!!!! The fact that you can layer this under other serums and moisturizers is key. I say buy it!!!!5
This product made my face feel clean and a little tight, and my combination skin felt smoother and was indeed more luminous! However, when I used it on my neck, I got a rash :/ I would use it every other day if your skin is sensitive.3