Please enter your password to continue.
We love things that you can count on to go above and beyond the call of duty—a delicious leave-in conditioner, an ultrahydrating sleeping facial, and now, this leave-on exfoliant. No beads or scrubs here though. Powerful ingredients like AHA (short for alpha hydroxy acid) and glycolic acid rejuvenate skin cells for a more luminous complexion. Layer this gel under your other serum and moisturizer and go, no rinsing necessary.
So I read the most negative reviews, and with a lot of them it seems to be a matter of misunderstanding.
1. When you begin to use an AHA or BHA exfoliant, it is normal for your skin to "purge" - that is, you may have increased breakouts because the exfoliation is drawing out the gunk from your pores. These are breakouts that would have happened eventually anyway. These breakouts should last no more than a few weeks.
2. Yes, it burns. Especially at first. This is also normal, and the burning should subside after a minute or two.
3. Yes, you're supposed to leave this on your skin - after cleansing (and toner if you use one) and before anything else.
4. The smell of this and other PC products is simply the smell of the ingredients, because PC doesn't use fragrances in their products. THIS IS A GOOD THING. Smelling weird for a few minutes (those smells fade) is far better than irritating the skin with fragrances.
5. Please don't put this or anything else on your face without doing your homework. Not only to avoid bad products, but also to understand what to expect from good products.
All that said, I don't find this to be my favorite AHA, or even my favorite PC AHA.
For PC I recommend the 5% Resist product.
For a non-PC AHA, I recommend Olay's Night Resurfacing Elixir.
I was looking for something that would make my skin smoother and get rid of the clogged pores and bumps. Within a week I saw an improvement. Probably one of the few products where I saw a noticeable change in my skin. Worth a try!5
This was my first gel exfoliant. It worked well and left my face feeling nice.5
I loved my Acne Fix It Kit so I figured this product would further enhance my skin care regimen. Although I followed instructions and used it faithfully, I just haven't noticed a difference. I wish I had.3
I love this stuff. It just sat in my beauty carousel for way too long. Every day - sometimes multiples times - I apply this gel and it's like a mini peel. It burns off all skin issues and you get to start fresh pretty immediately. It speeds recovery of all acne. Then I apply a suncreen/moisturizer and I'm fresh as a daisy! Will repurchase for sure! Lasts forever!5
I have normal to dry skin and always looking for something to help with aging. Great product and seems to be a great line of products. Interested in seeing more!4
I love all of Paula's Choice products. They are reasonably priced and work well. This exfoliant never irritates and helps in my oily areas. It's a part of my regular skin routine.5
I use this product twice a day and it has really helped make my skin look good. It is not harsh like some defoliators tend to be.4
it took my skin some time to adjust to the product. It burned a little the first few times i used it so i only put it on the morning and did it every other day for about 1.5 weeks then i switched to morning and night. A little goes a long way and it spreads easily.
I just didn't see ANY noticeable changed in my texture, tone or color
I received a sample of this product several months back but didn't use right away. I finally dug it out of "things to try" box and have been using it for the past month. I absolutely love the look of my skin - it feels softer and smoother, and I have noticed over time that sun damage is markedly diminished. A little product goes a long way, and the sample size was great to be able to see the effects over a period of time. I'm ordering the full size today!5