Please enter your password to continue.
We love things that you can count on to go above and beyond the call of duty—a delicious leave-in conditioner, an ultrahydrating sleeping facial, and now, this leave-on exfoliant. No beads or scrubs here though. Powerful ingredients like AHA (short for alpha hydroxy acid) and glycolic acid rejuvenate skin cells for a more luminous complexion. Layer this gel under your other serum and moisturizer and go, no rinsing necessary.
So I read the most negative reviews, and with a lot of them it seems to be a matter of misunderstanding.
1. When you begin to use an AHA or BHA exfoliant, it is normal for your skin to "purge" - that is, you may have increased breakouts because the exfoliation is drawing out the gunk from your pores. These are breakouts that would have happened eventually anyway. These breakouts should last no more than a few weeks.
2. Yes, it burns. Especially at first. This is also normal, and the burning should subside after a minute or two.
3. Yes, you're supposed to leave this on your skin - after cleansing (and toner if you use one) and before anything else.
4. The smell of this and other PC products is simply the smell of the ingredients, because PC doesn't use fragrances in their products. THIS IS A GOOD THING. Smelling weird for a few minutes (those smells fade) is far better than irritating the skin with fragrances.
5. Please don't put this or anything else on your face without doing your homework. Not only to avoid bad products, but also to understand what to expect from good products.
All that said, I don't find this to be my favorite AHA, or even my favorite PC AHA.
For PC I recommend the 5% Resist product.
For a non-PC AHA, I recommend Olay's Night Resurfacing Elixir.
it took my skin some time to adjust to the product. It burned a little the first few times i used it so i only put it on the morning and did it every other day for about 1.5 weeks then i switched to morning and night. A little goes a long way and it spreads easily.
I just didn't see ANY noticeable changed in my texture, tone or color
I received a sample of this product several months back but didn't use right away. I finally dug it out of "things to try" box and have been using it for the past month. I absolutely love the look of my skin - it feels softer and smoother, and I have noticed over time that sun damage is markedly diminished. A little product goes a long way, and the sample size was great to be able to see the effects over a period of time. I'm ordering the full size today!5
This is my first product from Paula's Choice and I am very happy. It works great, leaves a smooth finish on my face with feeling sticky or residue feeling. It has a good amount of AHA's in it for daytime use. I use it for both morning and night. I highly recommend.5
been using this for 8 years now, i never get a pimple anymore and my face is 10 years younger from all the exfoliating overnight, LOVE LOVE LOVE this forever!5
I have used this for several years, and love it! I use it every night and follow with either moisturizer ,or my prescription retinoid and then moisturizer5
This is a total must have!! I started seeing results right away and love the product!5
Very watery gel formula. I smooth on after cleansing and let this seep in/dry a little on my face before layering the PC moisturizer or retinal serum. This exfoliant occasionally tingles a little on application but is typically very gentle. I had flaky dryness in my t zone and texture around my nose, and almost immediately I saw a huge improvement after using this exfoliant. Definitely recommend
It reminds me of a glycolic acid gel I used to use from PTR but like half the price. It works amazing and doesn't over dry out my already dry skin.5
I have sensitive pale and combination skin. It can be red, dry, and oily at the same time. I use once per day and it makes my skin look years younger without being drying or causing acne.5