Please enter your password to continue.
We love things that you can count on to go above and beyond the call of duty—a delicious leave-in conditioner, an ultrahydrating sleeping facial, and now, this leave-on exfoliant. No beads or scrubs here though. Powerful ingredients like AHA (short for alpha hydroxy acid) and glycolic acid rejuvenate skin cells for a more luminous complexion. Layer this gel under your other serum and moisturizer and go, no rinsing necessary.
So I read the most negative reviews, and with a lot of them it seems to be a matter of misunderstanding.
1. When you begin to use an AHA or BHA exfoliant, it is normal for your skin to "purge" - that is, you may have increased breakouts because the exfoliation is drawing out the gunk from your pores. These are breakouts that would have happened eventually anyway. These breakouts should last no more than a few weeks.
2. Yes, it burns. Especially at first. This is also normal, and the burning should subside after a minute or two.
3. Yes, you're supposed to leave this on your skin - after cleansing (and toner if you use one) and before anything else.
4. The smell of this and other PC products is simply the smell of the ingredients, because PC doesn't use fragrances in their products. THIS IS A GOOD THING. Smelling weird for a few minutes (those smells fade) is far better than irritating the skin with fragrances.
5. Please don't put this or anything else on your face without doing your homework. Not only to avoid bad products, but also to understand what to expect from good products.
All that said, I don't find this to be my favorite AHA, or even my favorite PC AHA.
For PC I recommend the 5% Resist product.
For a non-PC AHA, I recommend Olay's Night Resurfacing Elixir.
I am so glad I was able to sample this! I had enlarged pores and acne pits on my chin area. I noticed after the first 2 weeks that the skin in that area felt smoother and was noticeable lighter. The breakouts in that area have decreased as well. Very impressed5
Recently my skin became very congested and this serum is a miracle worker! My skin is smoother, softer, and more even!5
Paula's choice always makes a great product. This one is no exception. It provides a great exfoliant.5
I have combination skin and am prone to breakouts around the mouth and forehead. It stings a little when you put it on but you know it's working.5
Nice that their are no perfumes in this product which makes it less irritating. Great product4
I am so glad I tried this product, and I most definitely will continue to use it!5
After using this product, I could see a difference in my skin. My skin felt softer and clearer.4
The Paula's Choice Skin perfecting 8% AHA gel didn't seem to change my skin during the few uses I was able to get from the sample. I think it hard to judge on this product. It's not an overnight or even in 1 week see an improvement type product. Therefore I can't say anything bad or good. It's a long term product.3
In regards to those saying that this product makes your skin feel stiff, you are to use a moisturizer afterwards. It worked well for my skin, even though I won't be using it everyday due to all of my lotions and potions.4