Please enter your password to continue.
We love things that you can count on to go above and beyond the call of duty—a delicious leave-in conditioner, an ultrahydrating sleeping facial, and now, this leave-on exfoliant. No beads or scrubs here though. Powerful ingredients like AHA (short for alpha hydroxy acid) and glycolic acid rejuvenate skin cells for a more luminous complexion. Layer this gel under your other serum and moisturizer and go, no rinsing necessary.
So I read the most negative reviews, and with a lot of them it seems to be a matter of misunderstanding.
1. When you begin to use an AHA or BHA exfoliant, it is normal for your skin to "purge" - that is, you may have increased breakouts because the exfoliation is drawing out the gunk from your pores. These are breakouts that would have happened eventually anyway. These breakouts should last no more than a few weeks.
2. Yes, it burns. Especially at first. This is also normal, and the burning should subside after a minute or two.
3. Yes, you're supposed to leave this on your skin - after cleansing (and toner if you use one) and before anything else.
4. The smell of this and other PC products is simply the smell of the ingredients, because PC doesn't use fragrances in their products. THIS IS A GOOD THING. Smelling weird for a few minutes (those smells fade) is far better than irritating the skin with fragrances.
5. Please don't put this or anything else on your face without doing your homework. Not only to avoid bad products, but also to understand what to expect from good products.
All that said, I don't find this to be my favorite AHA, or even my favorite PC AHA.
For PC I recommend the 5% Resist product.
For a non-PC AHA, I recommend Olay's Night Resurfacing Elixir.
I received a sample of this last year and have been using it ever since. My skin has never been more clear and I can definitely notice a difference if I skip a day or two.5
Skin Perfecting at its finest! I love this stuff and look forward to exploring more Paula's Choice products in the future!5
I started getting hormonal acne after a BC switch and this product really helped to fight it and unclog my pores. It goes on smooth and you can layer it under primer during the day. Very effective.5
I love how my skin feels in the morning after using this product. I follow it with a skin serum.4
Buying a full size one today! Got the sample and want to use daily. Makes my skin soft and more youthful looking.5
I don't usually use products like this often because they can be harsh on the skin but this exfoliant didn't irritate my skin. Not sure if I will continue to use it as this type of product isn't part of my normal daily routine.3
This burns a bit and may cause breakouts initially but it clears them up as fast as they come on. There today and gone tomorrow. Plus my skin tone is renewing and smoother.5
I will by this product again. I received a sample and immediately ordered the full size. It works!!!! I also put the remaining portion on the back of my hands and I have defiantly noticed an improvement.5
I like this, my fiance likes this. I love that you dont have to wipe it off after and that you can layer it under your other face serums. Makes the routine much easier4