Create a free account to check out faster, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and much more.
Please enter your password to continue.
We love things that you can count on to go above and beyond the call of duty—a delicious leave-in conditioner, an ultrahydrating sleeping facial, and now, this leave-on exfoliant. No beads or scrubs here though. Powerful ingredients like AHA (short for alpha hydroxy acid) and glycolic acid rejuvenate skin cells for a more luminous complexion. Layer this gel under your other serum and moisturizer and go, no rinsing necessary.
So I read the most negative reviews, and with a lot of them it seems to be a matter of misunderstanding.
1. When you begin to use an AHA or BHA exfoliant, it is normal for your skin to "purge" - that is, you may have increased breakouts because the exfoliation is drawing out the gunk from your pores. These are breakouts that would have happened eventually anyway. These breakouts should last no more than a few weeks.
2. Yes, it burns. Especially at first. This is also normal, and the burning should subside after a minute or two.
3. Yes, you're supposed to leave this on your skin - after cleansing (and toner if you use one) and before anything else.
4. The smell of this and other PC products is simply the smell of the ingredients, because PC doesn't use fragrances in their products. THIS IS A GOOD THING. Smelling weird for a few minutes (those smells fade) is far better than irritating the skin with fragrances.
5. Please don't put this or anything else on your face without doing your homework. Not only to avoid bad products, but also to understand what to expect from good products.
All that said, I don't find this to be my favorite AHA, or even my favorite PC AHA.
For PC I recommend the 5% Resist product.
For a non-PC AHA, I recommend Olay's Night Resurfacing Elixir.
Very watery gel formula. I smooth on after cleansing and let this seep in/dry a little on my face before layering the PC moisturizer or retinal serum. This exfoliant occasionally tingles a little on application but is typically very gentle. I had flaky dryness in my t zone and texture around my nose, and almost immediately I saw a huge improvement after using this exfoliant. Definitely recommend
It reminds me of a glycolic acid gel I used to use from PTR but like half the price. It works amazing and doesn't over dry out my already dry skin.5
I have sensitive pale and combination skin. It can be red, dry, and oily at the same time. I use once per day and it makes my skin look years younger without being drying or causing acne.5
So I'm sure the sample size isn't enough to see any marked improvement in dark spots and skin unevenness, however I can feel the tingle immediately upon applying (that means it's working, right?), and my skin is noticeably smoother in the morning after using. I would definitely consider purchasing in full size.4
This chemical exfoliant is gentle yet effective. I haven't had any issues with irritation and after just one week can already see a difference in my skin.5
Recently, my chin broke out with 5-6 blemishes. I blame hormones. This stuff was a life savor!! I would apply a small amount with a Q-tip to the affected areas and they helped so much in drying and clearing up my blemishes. It also helped with lightening previous scars that only I could see but still bothered me. Now, I don't see them at all! This stuff is wonderful :D5
This exfoliant leaves skin feeling clean and soft!5
This product is AMAZING. I couldn't believe how soft my skin felt after the first application. I had been battling extremely dry, flaky skin for weeks and this made it go away in one application. I have been using it twice a day (morning and evening, after cleansing and before moisturizing) and it has made a huge difference in my skin. It's soft, smooth, moisturized and flake free. I think the exfoliation has made my regular moisturizer work better. I can't recommend this enough!5
I tend to only use this when I get dry patches in my T-Zone area, but it is a God send! It instantly takes the flakiness away and leaves my skin feeling like butter. A+5