Create a free account to check out faster, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and much more.
Please enter your password to continue.
We love things that you can count on to go above and beyond the call of duty—a delicious leave-in conditioner, an ultrahydrating sleeping facial, and now, this leave-on exfoliant. No beads or scrubs here though. Powerful ingredients like AHA (short for alpha hydroxy acid) and glycolic acid rejuvenate skin cells for a more luminous complexion. Layer this gel under your other serum and moisturizer and go, no rinsing necessary.
So I read the most negative reviews, and with a lot of them it seems to be a matter of misunderstanding.
1. When you begin to use an AHA or BHA exfoliant, it is normal for your skin to "purge" - that is, you may have increased breakouts because the exfoliation is drawing out the gunk from your pores. These are breakouts that would have happened eventually anyway. These breakouts should last no more than a few weeks.
2. Yes, it burns. Especially at first. This is also normal, and the burning should subside after a minute or two.
3. Yes, you're supposed to leave this on your skin - after cleansing (and toner if you use one) and before anything else.
4. The smell of this and other PC products is simply the smell of the ingredients, because PC doesn't use fragrances in their products. THIS IS A GOOD THING. Smelling weird for a few minutes (those smells fade) is far better than irritating the skin with fragrances.
5. Please don't put this or anything else on your face without doing your homework. Not only to avoid bad products, but also to understand what to expect from good products.
All that said, I don't find this to be my favorite AHA, or even my favorite PC AHA.
For PC I recommend the 5% Resist product.
For a non-PC AHA, I recommend Olay's Night Resurfacing Elixir.
this product made my skin very soft and bright. it got a little dry after using for a while, but i was also using toner and medicated wash which may have also contributed. overall a great product, would recommend if you are trying to brighten your skin without using a product every night3
Love this product! Leaves my skin feeling very soft and clean! Great glow after! Will purchase this!5
Paula's choice is now my go to skin routine! After getting off the pill this saved me after 2 years of bad bad acne! I was embarrassed before I found this product! Also have ordered many others from this brand! Amazing!5
I had never used AHAs before and I loved it! I really feel this product helped keep my skin clear. Will definitely get full size when I run out of sample. Stopped using recently as I struggle to keep my skin from drying out in the winter and it seems to irritate my dry skin a little. Will use again in spring/summer.5
Paula’s Choice Skin Perfecting 8% AHA Gel Exfoliant is really great and it left my skin feeling amazing. I look forward to trying this product again.4
I saw results after a day or two. It didn't dawn on me until the third person said "Your skin looks great"! I wasn't even wearing makeup. The real test was at the Salon where I worked. Stylists, customers, everyone commented on my skin. I went through the sample in my box and now I am ordering again! I don't write reviews for skin care often, I have my go-tos from the last 30 years but this one is for the record books. My grandmother worked at the cosmetic counter my entire life (60's,70's,80's) so I have been taking care of my skin since my teens. I absolutely recommend this product.5
Absolutely love this product. It has completely resurfaced my 50+ year old skin. I've been using it for about 2 months now & am seeing fantastic results. My skin is SO much smoother & clearer!! I can look at before & after pics and see quite a difference in the clarity & tone of my complexion. I really like the fact that one pump is sufficient to cover my entire face. This was my 1st purchase from Paula's Choice. Its high quality & effective ingredients have inspired me to try some of her other lines. Totally THRILLED with the results!!5
my dermatologist actually told me this was a great product . I've been using it for two weeks every night or every other night and have gotten good results so far. Product goes a long way .5
I am becoming a Paula's Choice fan! This AHA is awesome. I use twice a day but only use one squirt each time. The bottle dispenses the perfect amount.5