Create a free account to check out faster, store multiple shipping addresses, view and track your orders in your account, and much more.
Please enter your password to continue.
We love things that you can count on to go above and beyond the call of duty—a delicious leave-in conditioner, an ultrahydrating sleeping facial, and now, this leave-on exfoliant. No beads or scrubs here though. Powerful ingredients like AHA (short for alpha hydroxy acid) and glycolic acid rejuvenate skin cells for a more luminous complexion. Layer this gel under your other serum and moisturizer and go, no rinsing necessary.
So I read the most negative reviews, and with a lot of them it seems to be a matter of misunderstanding.
1. When you begin to use an AHA or BHA exfoliant, it is normal for your skin to "purge" - that is, you may have increased breakouts because the exfoliation is drawing out the gunk from your pores. These are breakouts that would have happened eventually anyway. These breakouts should last no more than a few weeks.
2. Yes, it burns. Especially at first. This is also normal, and the burning should subside after a minute or two.
3. Yes, you're supposed to leave this on your skin - after cleansing (and toner if you use one) and before anything else.
4. The smell of this and other PC products is simply the smell of the ingredients, because PC doesn't use fragrances in their products. THIS IS A GOOD THING. Smelling weird for a few minutes (those smells fade) is far better than irritating the skin with fragrances.
5. Please don't put this or anything else on your face without doing your homework. Not only to avoid bad products, but also to understand what to expect from good products.
All that said, I don't find this to be my favorite AHA, or even my favorite PC AHA.
For PC I recommend the 5% Resist product.
For a non-PC AHA, I recommend Olay's Night Resurfacing Elixir.
This product is AMAZING. I couldn't believe how soft my skin felt after the first application. I had been battling extremely dry, flaky skin for weeks and this made it go away in one application. I have been using it twice a day (morning and evening, after cleansing and before moisturizing) and it has made a huge difference in my skin. It's soft, smooth, moisturized and flake free. I think the exfoliation has made my regular moisturizer work better. I can't recommend this enough!5
I tend to only use this when I get dry patches in my T-Zone area, but it is a God send! It instantly takes the flakiness away and leaves my skin feeling like butter. A+5
This is really versatile - I use it over my toner and I find I don't even need moisturizer. it doesn't leave my skin feeling dry. I've also started using it as an ingrown hair serum. Is that weird? I don't know, but it works better than anything I've bought for my bikini line.5
Just a little bit of this product goes a long way. It smooths onto my ski easily and is absorbed quickly - a real plus on busy mornings. The size of the sample allowed me to really see what it would do after more than just a few days - I have used this daily for over two weeks. It does what it promises - brightens, smooths and my skin looks much more radiant. Will definitely purchase.5
I received this as a sample in my Birchbox and absolutely love it! It stings a bit when you first start using it but, after a couple of uses, that stops. A little bit goes a long way. It is a true exfoliant and I noticed my skin peeling a little bit after the first week (didn't turn red or uncomfortable and I was the only one who noticed) but that stopped a couple of days after. The other day, I was getting my eyebrows waxed and the tech started her "facial" sales spiel but, when she felt my face, said I had no need for it. Love this stuff!!!!!5
This product didn't really do anything noticeable for my skin. Wouldn't necessarily recommend as I don't really think it did much of anything.3
it burns a little but all in all its a great product, does its job well. noticeable results in just a few days!4
It really as easy as the packaging makes it out to be. As an exfoliant, I was hesitant to try it and worried it would be too harsh. But I put it on like moisturizer in the morning before everything else and it was great! Used the whole bottle.5
I've been using this for about a week and my skin looks noticeably brighter and smoother. There is a little dryness/peeling but adding an aggressive moisturizer seems to fix that issue.5