Bought this on a whim from my salon because I'm a total Oribe worshipper. I have combination oily skin, and normally have to use a huge amount of glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, or antibiotics to really get my skin perfect. In short, I expected to break out after trying this, but I had to give it go.
Upon first use this creamy cleanser left my skin a little tight - I think I just massaged it in too long. It says to massage it in for at least a minute, but I kept it on for probably 3+ minutes as it feels too soothing for you to think it's cleaning - until you wash it off. As this cleanser feels so soft, like a cream or moisturizer that foams, I was actually expecting to break out. I was VERY surprised by how refreshed my skin looked right away and at how easily this took off my makeup! Just a few swipes removed my waterproof mascara and eyeliner. After 5 days of at least once daily use, followed by a 2% salicylic-containing moisturizer, I can confidently say this face wash has improved my skin. Not like a "Wow! Miracle product!", but it has gotten rid of some acne, prevented new acne, and gives my skin a nice glow. Plus, it's got a subtle version of that oribe smell <3
* POWERS through makeup. Works better at removing makeup than my makeup remover!
* Pleasantly foamy, yet feels soft like a cream
* Leaves your skin with a subtle glow
* Is actually pretty effective at fighting and preventing breakouts, in a very soothing package
* As it's not an aerosol, the traditional Oribe smell is very subdued
* Hurts when it gets in your eyes?
* So darn expensive :(